There is a limited fund available so that those who are unable to afford the cost of travel to an EGPRN meeting may apply for a small subsidy.
EGPRN's guidelines for travel subsidies are as follows:
- The applicant
- Either is an individual EGPRN member; or visits the conference as delegate of an institutional member.
- Should provide membership details in the application letter
- Comes from a country with a relative low income/capita (Hungary, Estonia, Croatia, Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Latvia, Belarus, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, or Ukraine).
- Should apply three weeks before meeting time at the latest.
- The applicant can apply if his/her abstract is accepted
- The applicant should write an application letter, including
- An explanation why/that there is no organisation that reimburses (all) his/her costs. (Note: in case someone represents a university department, EGPRN expects that the applicant’s department at least will reimburse part of the costs for travel and stay).
- A budget estimate should be provided, including the amount asked for.
- If the letter is sufficiently clear, and all conditions are met, the EGPRN Executive Board will decide positively.
- The amount is maximised at €500,= per applicant.
- The applicant will receive the amount AFTER the Conference, conditional on:
- The actual and personal presentation of a poster, 1-slide-5-minute-presentation or full oral presentation
- Personal presence during both days of the EGPRN conference, showing active participation.
- There is a maximum of 5 applicants/conference. Therefore, if you are not a member yet, consider becoming an individual EGPRN member, or suggest your department to become an institutional EGPRN member.